Have you ever wished on a star?

I've wished on a few.

I've never held much stock in wishing.

And it seems part of the wish always ends up being the pressure at the end, where everyone is asking, "What did you wish for?  Come on, you can tell us!" and I would inevitably crumble and tell them.

That cancelled out the wish.

Oh well.

Oh my goodness, but it feels good to be back here...back to blogging.  Back to emptying my head on an empty page of 'screen' that's just begging to be filled up with words.

I've blogged a long, long time.  Just not much.  Not recently.  But I shut down my original blog I've had for years. For years and years.  And years.  Today, even, and it was very bittersweet, editing it for several days to put it into book form.  It chronicled the babyhood and toddler hood of my two grandsons and it has sat dormant pretty much for the past few years.  But that was yesterday's stories and yesterday is past.  Time to let go.  Time to move on.  Time to travel along another path.

Boy, did I have to put on my thinking cap to come up with a blog name that hadn't been taken about paths.  I think I tried half a dozen or so before this one was accepted.  I think I like it ok.  I think I might even become close friends with it like I had with my original blog.  The choosing of a blog name is a very personal thing.  It has to 'fit' you just right or it just kind of chafes at you...kind of irritates you at the back of your mind like those awful clothes tags do at the back of your neck.  But to find the one that beckons you to come 'speak' every day, that welcomes you home and greets you  when you arrive...well, that's what writing is all about.

I hope some of you come across me on the internet search engines out there as they nano-second their way through the endless, countless paths of cyberspace.  I am NOT going to hand out this new blog address to many who I personally know.  I made that mistake as my last blog was breathing its last breath and it made me so self-conscious, so muse-less.  I felt like my life was an open book and I wasn't sure I really liked knowing people were peering in at me.  My thoughts were my thoughts and I wasn't asking anyone to critique me or give me opinions on how to write or what to say or anything else.  This place...well, it's going to be my sanctuary.  I can already feel it.

So...join me if you will.  I am not the most educated woman.  I am not all that astute.  I am not all that wise, either, or mature.  But I'm growing into my 'golden years' at a very exciting time in history and I'll be rattling on about this-that-and-the-next-thing. And a little of this...and a little of that.  And hopefully we can find common ground along the path I'm taking.  

Comments

Popular Posts