Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work. ~ Author Unknown


My husband and I have been married a long time.  A long LONG time.  43 years.  But with that said, it hasn't been a hardship being married to this man at all.  In a world where divorce is rife, where 'relationships' seem to have taken the place of matrimony, you probably won't even believe it when I say we hardly ever fight.  I still greet him at the door with a cup of coffee at the end of the day.  He still makes me laugh harder than anyone else on earth. I'd rather spend time with him than anyone.  And when I get up in the morning and pass the door to his den where he's drinking his coffee and reading his devotions, I love to hear him say, "Good Morning, babe!" Then I know all is right in my world.

And yet, I can drive this man C.R.A.Z.Y. with what we call my "Swede Moments".  And you know, I can't blame him.  Even I can't believe how dense I am at moments.  For a person with an IQ of 132, sometimes I even amaze myself.

We were out for a walk this morning and he stopped when we came to a tree with emerald leaves dancing in the sun. "Do you know what kind of tree this is?" he asked. I studied it a moment and looked at the bark. "An oak?" I guessed. "Yes!" he answered, "and what color oak is it?" I thought the answer was obvious..."Green!"
I mean...seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts